Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mood swings forth and back….

I am thinking these days about my moods and the moods of other people who are around me. Some times I feel like Sylvia Plath with an invisible bell jar over my head. This bubble keeps my thoughts in and distorts the thoughts which are shared by others.

I wonder why sometimes it feels so nice to stay miserable and wallow in self pity (self hate under the cloak may be!) when all I have to do to break it is take a walk or listen to music or cook a nice meal or curl up with ever readable bed side bibles (fried green tomatoes, Bridget Jones diary, Silhoutte romance, peoples magazine or whatever).

There is an invisible thread between people and we call it ‘connection’ or we call it relationship. Mine seems to have broken with many around me. There is a stop gap cork fitting activity called ‘get together to have drinks and dinner with conversation and music’ but it stops after that.

I am in search of my threads which connect me to the wider web of lovely people whose moods are not a swinging.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knows you may need medication for that like me..somewhere it looks like you are accusing your moods for loss of relationship with whoever are around you..family is too strong a thread to be broken by it..that i know for sure.

Venky said...

Hmmm...
Very interesting to be acknowledging that threads are broken. I think such thread connections are broken for all at many different intervals or times and places.

The point is, do we recognise and rethread them! or do we simply keep quite about it. Most of the time we are so happy to be caught in our own groove, never wanting to come out of it.

Thanks for posting this, i can also see some of my own threads broken, and i feel its time to connect them back.

lov,
venky.