Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Memory remains ...

I heard his voice .......
Remembered huddling in bed
for hours talking, fighting and silent
Remembered that we used to
take walks and I shared aloud
what I thought of the young sun or green grass
his friend or something other
Joyous mornings they were

Remembered sitting on the cycle front
with him pedalling it
reaching our secret spot
known only to him and me

Remembered the spontaneous merry making
the protective hand on my shoulder while we crossed the road
the long letters during his absence
the promises we made without saying a word

Remembered him in my night gown
in my new dresses with a goofy smile

remembered them yet again!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

As I am not blessed with good memory, it is one thing that always astonishes me when I see it so vividly in others...My memory is always a primordial soup...
Or is it that the youngest of the kin is keen?
Anne, the youngest of the famous Bronte sisters writes a lot about memories...
Her poem on memory ends like this:

"Is childhood, then, so all divine?
Or Memory, is the glory thine,
That haloes thus the past?
Not all divine; its pangs of grief,
(Although, perchance, their stay be brief,)
Are bitter while they last.

Nor is the glory all thine own,
For on our earliest joys alone
That holy light is cast.
With such a ray, no spell of thine
Can make our later pleasures shine,
Though long ago they passed".

Aparna Kalley said...

What makes us remember the otherwise forgotten things at a particular moment?
Is it the sense of holding on?
or the sense of loss?
or is it just a recap?

There is always a sigh of happiness
or of wistfulness before the remembrance of forgotten things resurfaces

- Aparna

Unknown said...

You complicate it so well...

Aparna Kalley said...

Heh heh :-)

Chin said...

Lovely one Ap. I have the same problem as Sudheer (although I'm the youngest one too!). Loved reading it. Very visual and evocative :)

Aparna Kalley said...

Thanks chinzi :-D