Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Monkey Valley

I got out of the flight and was hoping to see my luggage in the conveyor belt and saw it. I took my luggage and went to the foreign exchange and changed my US Dollars to Rand. I came inside the airport, so many people carrying the placards and none for me! I was thinking what to do then I see a gorgeous woman and a young man coming to me and saying ' you are definitely from India - you look like Aparna to me' and lo and behold that was my pick up. The driver was a guy named Ricky and he immediately took charge of my luggage and said ' let me do this my dear you might be tired' and I was relieved. I tried to sms venky and Ricky was joking and saying 'tell your husband that you are with another man who is paying lot of attention'.... He was indeed a warm flirt he said, ' it takes 45 minutes to reach the place, since I am with a beautiful woman I dont know how long it is going to take, dont blame me if I am lost'... A total flirt he was.
I came to the venue, it was bang opposite Atlantic ocean and I took a shower before I met people, and the wind started again to blow and blow...

I met an Indian girl and a passionate mobile activist during dinner. She was talking about freedom phone and how it connects to people and the costs etc. I was thinking of Thayamma and Lakshmi and the mobile bills..
It is a bit top down place to envision technologies being useful to communities.

I have lost all my humour right now to tell anecdotes. May be the food is the reason.
All my meals are salads and fruits so far. Vegetarian means vegetables (cooked or fresh) and fruits to these people! I am slowly losing my appetite for breakfast, lunch and dinner as it is the same! Hope it is better in Cape Town.

I attended a open exchange forum on spanish poetry tonight. Gabby read the poems. She is a lesbian and she read about her upbringing and her images of love and sex. It was very interesting.
I am signing off with low creative juice in a promise to do better tomorrow!
One more culprit could be the cold. It is so cold, my hands are freezing, my body is in want of warmth and I cant think straight outside the room.
The warming factor is Malevo - the local potent wine - it is divine!

2 comments:

vinay_ks said...

oh!! we should have packed some nice kaara thindi and sent it with u! i can imagine how u must feel with only boiled vegetables and fruits :-(

Pulakesi said...

nee blog chaduvuthunte chandamama chadivinatha anandam ga undi vodina....plz continue