Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Boeing to Cape Town

I was in this longest flight of my life (nine hours) and since I slept very well in the Dubai hotel, I was wide awake.
This is for Madhavi's (Sorry akkayya) benefit - Everybody's seat has a TV with headphones and we can watch films, TV sitcoms (Yes venky Friends too), listen to music or see how and where the flight is going (impressive isnt it?)
I watched films non stop, drank juice, demanded for my vegetarian meal and had a can of Heineken beer (after seeing old women down two - three bottles of wine!)

Pilot announces in a grave voice - " For your attention passengers, we will be ready to touch down in five minutes, please fasten your seat belts, there will be mild winds, cabin crew will assist you with further safety procedures"
Knowing me you might guess what I thought at that moment.. why should cabin crew assist us and with what safety procedures more than seat belts are necessary? I tried to read the safety brochure - one extra information was 'bend your head forward in case of emergency'... Ok, Any way I decided to look down through and through. Woman next to my seat was sleeping. I looked at her for a while and she said ' dont worry Cape town is always windy, this happens all the time...
I was thinking why should the announcements sound ominous all the time, why cant they be cheerful and connect with people? It is a kind of snobbery right? Imagine two people compeering the flight announcements (Maniakka and Madevanna or Ningi and Siddanna types)
Mani: Anno Gaali badithaithe kananno eevatthuvi,
Madeva:Ye aden parvagilla manyakka iddidde alwa (houdu bidu) hangantha sumkirbedi, belt aakkali, innenara idre eevakkadeeru yoltharappa
Mani: Oudalwa, nam jaagratheli naavidre olledappa yaavatthidru, alwenanna

We had an uneventful landing and I got my luggage without a problem and changed sixty US Dollars to 496 Rands.

2 comments:

Venky said...

hi babes,
I am so happy for your long journey....
Cool..... do write your experiences of cape town.... dubai....
Its really funny man...

lov
venky.

Chin said...

The one terribly wonderful thing about you being away is your blog, aparna! Loving it. Keep writing, yo!