Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Musings before Cape town travel

The day before I left for Cape Town:

It feels a bit strange, lot exciting and an underlying current of anxiety which is running through all I do right now.

I got warmth and care galore and quite unexpectedly from various quarters. I will list it putting the most unexpected on top,

1. Bala called to wish me luck for the journey and made a date for after I come back !!! ( he is a good friend who lost touch after he got married two years ago)
2. People in the office got together (sneaked and planned to be precise), announced a surprise gathering and gave me a lovely bouquet of roses (all colours!!) and gave me a sweet card which translates to ‘Go in comfort and come back safe, and let everything be good’. This coming from a team which I thought was alien to me a bit either because they feared me or they felt the power difference I don’t know was a fantastic surprise which got tears to my eyes. I cant forget the round of hugs (though groaning a bit inwardly thinking I might be smelling of smoke and caring!)
3. Madhavi organized a party behind my back and we had a lovely time drinking a can of beer and convincing each other that we are not at all anxious! She gave a serious card which stated how anxious and excited she is for me at the same time tried to lighten the mood by giving a ‘sisters are through thick and thin’ type of funny card. A party organized by a ‘almost’ non drinker is a great surprise indeed.
4. Hari Prasad sent a message in his sweet language – ‘Happy Bon Voyage’ and look forward to see you kane,
5. Chin said ‘I am already missing you’ when I was in the bus from Mysore to Bangalore
6. Mom said ‘ I know you are going to be safe because I know Hanumantha the God of wind is with you and I hope you make your country proud’
7. Venky ( the husband) shopped till we drop with me and I have not heard no from him for anything, ‘venky this is a nice dress but it is very expensive’ and he said ‘please go ahead and buy it, I insist you buy it because you need to have this for your trip’ .. this is the manthra for everything so far
8. Kavi went to my office and spent one and a half hours collecting my stuff, and made sure that I am well groomed and my luggage is well packed before I left. She is a warm soul.
God, at some point it feels like I am writing to acknowledge what everybody did before I get into the plane (where what all might happen or not happen)…
I might feel very silly reading this ‘emotional’ account in fifteen days from now (after I am firmly back in my home town Mysore and in my home with Venky dear). But, I feel like this right now, so let me out with it..

1 comment: