Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, October 1, 2012

Depressed after being oppressed too long and repressing the emotions


I am right now emerging out of the blues of depression which had taken a strong hold on me since couple of months. I read some where that depression is nothing but anger spread very thin .. In my case many justified reasons to be angry at one hand and denial of my longing to set things straight to the known rhythm of 7 years at the other.

Now in retrospect I feel I can forgive people for what they did unto me because in a way they did this unto themselves (not a very christian thought when put like that I know).

Things look bright again and there are many small little big things I look forward to right now...
everyday joyous greeting of a frenzied puppy - chinnu the 4, she is demented and loves me that way too – a bite here and a spray of piss there and licks which land any where

talking and playing best of 7 with amma during the post lunch lull and listening to her reminiscing about people and places and sometimes I get to hear some long buried secrets as well

my neice Bhuvi messaging me and calling me on her current interest – running commentary of what chinnu is up to – I love this connection with her and by the way I heard she told her mom and dad that 'Aparna atthe is cooool' – dude what more do I need to gloat about and glow about?

The fun banter begins again with annayya – we are no longer two intense sulky and surly individuals and may be it indicates that both of us are resurfacing to our true selves and I love that feeling

waking up to a good mood is a blessing and venky makes it better with his unconditional taking care (I have not cooked a single meal in months and only recently I am paying attention to home maintenance)

The trip to Bangalore to be with my brother, sister in law and neice – looking forward to this a lot. I feel totally heard and understood in this place.

Our (Venky and me) three day mini vacation this month where when and how not planned yet

a surprise visit to Hospet to see our dear friends there this month some time
of course tonight – catching up and giggling with tikky

Hope is eternal and here is hope to stay as it should be :)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

For me it is intense focus on something where everything else is a disturbance until I lose taste for it! Somewhere I heard someone saying that we are all weird and some of us know how to conceal it...

Unknown said...

My thing is to focus intensely on something and getting lost to the world surrounding where everything becomes a disturbance.Of course this inability to connect with the world is the problem.I was reading some one say "We all are weird but some of us can conceal it better"...

Venky said...

Rythm of life is never constant! I have come to believe more and more about it. Rythm is what we make of our life. Just like the rythm you have created now! puppy, amma, annayya .....

Its great to really hear your take about where you are in rythm of your life. I especially liked the last line of this... and here is something i want to dedicate to you dear -

Hope is the thing that keeps us going
Hope is a poem without any words
Hope is what follows us everyday
Hope is the light that sparks our eyes

Hope that it will all get better
Hope that you will find love
Hope that people will be kind
Hope that you will stay alive

Hope is the strongest thing of all
Hope will allow us not to fall
Hope will rise against anything
Hope is like a fiery ring

Hope never stops
Hope is always there
Without it we would be lost
Without out it we would not care

by laura random

Look forward really to the mini vacation.

Heegondu Ghalige said...

Dear Aparna,

I read your blog to Bhuvi. She wants to comment. Here it goes..

Hi dude, i loved you writing very nice stuff about me. Now i will write very nice stuff about you. When I first saw you, you looked very fat and wiered, but after a long time, i found you very cool and awesome. sorry for the 'i's. our comp has gone conk.

love
Bhuvi

bye kane :)
Paru

Aparna Kalley said...

@ Annayya: I understand the getting lost to the world bit - that is more or less what I did for last 7 years and in a different way since couple of months.. weird or idiosyncratic our brand of weirdness makes us and I feel I am getting in touch with what makes me tick again .. I know you will groan and sigh about this but that is what I love about you heh heh

Aparna Kalley said...

@Venky: I am touched kano, yeah basically I am trying to find the rhythm again and beginning to hope again and I am not tired any more to tackle my gloom if it happens tomorrow TQM

Aparna Kalley said...

@Paru and at Bhuvi: the glow gets bigger in the heart as I read and re read it :) dude it is very nice feeling and thanks :D

Arpita said...

Now I truly feel horrid about having such little time to know you! What lovely poetry and art flows from your thoughts! And to think the few moments I got to spend with you guys were unfortunately spent in venting on the pointless.

I've often felt that the highest aspiration of the human is to find and evolve her/his own definition of freedom and aspire to live it. I suspect that all deviations from that aspiration are only errors to remind us the value of our pursuit.

I'm glad that the natural and beautiful rhythm within speaks to you again :) but i suspect that you were never truly strangers.

Aparna Kalley said...

@Arpita: Heh heh thanks for the encouragement :) I am on the mend and hoping for a speedy recovery..

Chin said...

Dear dude Aparna :)),
i loved your post but i loved Bhuvi's comment the best!! She is simply awesome kane.
:* :*
BTW, the i's in my comment are dedicated to her :)